Let’s be brutally honest. Are any of you out there who—like me—failed their organizational skills majorly this year? Despite good intentions, life happens, and here we are with only ten days to go until Christmas, feeling almost completely unprepared—and that’s an understatement. Despair not, the game is not yet lost. There’s still some time to tackle a few things (check out my list below, it’s a small round-up of all my Christmas related posts from this year and years past) and cozy up to the best time of the year.
It’s the final countdown
1. Decluttering projects tackled near the end of the year can be a real mood booster. They tend to feel more “cleansing” and calming, make you feel more accomplished, and set the mood for new, refreshed beginnings. If you’re sick and tired of carrying Christmas storage bins to and fro the attic/basement/garage, now’s your chance to declutter and donate tons of stuff. You can still maintain a cozy and comfy, wintertime decor with a few selected, affordable and minimal pieces:
2. You can still put your baking hat on to make the best, light and crumbly Christmas sugar/butter cookies you’ll have ever tasted! They are to die for and well-worth your time, I promise: Grandma Chrysoula’s Kourabiedes
3. I don’t suppose you’ll be hosting Christmas dinner this year but if you need a recipe or two for the office party potluck, you can browse several delicious ideas in this post:
4. Make your very own Gingerbread Spice Mix—it is the easiest and speediest of projects! You can use it in all your holiday baking or sprinkle merrily to your hot chocolate. In a cute little jar, it can also be a really sweet, inexpensive, homemade hostess gift or stocking stuffer: Gingerbread Spice Mix
5. Embrace the ultimate hygge! Cozy up by the fireplace with the perfect fur blanket and the perfect mug cake: Gingerbread Spice Chocolate Mug Cake
6. Whip up the easiest breeziest orange-flavored mini muffins. They’ll be a perfect addition to your Christmas morning breakfast buffet:
7. Last but not least, don’t forget to have a look at my Shop my Favorites page for some last-minute online gift-shopping ideas. You’ll definitely find something interesting for the techie, coffee aficionado, beauty junky, or planner addict in your life!
And so, my friends
Smiles for the frowners
Salutes to the uppers
Boosts for the downers