- 4 cups flour (1 kg/2.2 lb)
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp ground Ceylon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup water (250 ml/8.45 Fl.oz)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup sugar (250 g/8.8 oz)
- 1 cup & 2 tbsp orange juice (280 ml/9.46 Fl.oz)
- 1 cup vegetable oil (250 ml/8.45 Fl.oz)
- 2 tsp orange zest
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans (125 g/4.4 oz)
- ½ cup raisins (125 g/4.4 oz)
- In a bowl, sift the flour with the baking powder, cinnamon, clove, and salt.
- Dissolve the baking soda into the water and add it into a new bowl. Whisk in the sugar, orange juice, and vegetable oil.
- Add the flour mix to the oil mix and fold together until you end up with a smooth cake batter.
- Add the orange zest, nuts & raisins.
- Use muffin liners in a non-stick muffin pan, fill each cup with 1 scoop of batter, and bake in a preheated oven at 430 °F/220 °C for 22 minutes per batch.
- Remove muffins from pan, allow to cool, and dust with powdered sugar (optional).